The Chedi Andermatt
The Chedi is one of the best deluxe 5- star hotel Switzerland. The Chedi Andermatt will enthral and highly excite you with its ethereal ambience. With its authenticity, it is an unusual connection between the chic Alpine and Asian words. In the heart of the Swiss Alps, 1447 meters above sea level, this luxurious hotel in Andermatt will fascinate your curiosity with its 123 elegant rooms and suites, five excellent restaurants and bars, a modern health club and an outstanding and luxurious spa area. The Chedi Andermatt has been named Hotel of the Year 2017 by Gault Millau and offers a glimpse of another world and an incredible view of Switzerland.
Enveloped by the beautifully breath-taking, year-round magnificence of the Swiss Alps, Chedi Andermatt is stylishly nestled among the traditional ski chalets so characteristic of the iconic charming village of Andermatt. Andermatt (1,440 meters above sea level) is a large village in the Urseren Valley, surrounded by 1.4 million square kilometres of natural Alpine landscape, famed well beyond Swiss borders for its rolling hills, sharp crags, high cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear mountain lakes. In summer, for example, you can cherish idyllic hiking trails; in winter, reliable snowfall makes it a great destination for energetic winter sports experiences. The Chedi Andermatt is a winter wonderland.
Encircled by the scenery of the Swiss Alps, Chedi Andermatt combines culture and traditions of hospitality with Asian charm and blends visually authentic Alpine chic with elements of Asian style. Chedi Andermatt is one of the best hotels in Europe in the world. Chedi Andermatt provides you with top quality and best-personalized service with luxurious comfort. When you arrive at The Chedi Andermatt, you will find luxurious composure and tranquillity, and experience unparalleled culinary moments of delight as well as enjoy active, exciting discoveries and feel the excellent, individual service in everything.
The Stand Out Features You Need to Know
- The Chedi Andermatt is a seasonal property and is closed from late April to mid-May.
- The Andermatt hotel’s wine cellar contains a stellar private collection of Château Mouton-Rothschild labels.
- There is a 35-metre indoor pool and a twelve-metre outdoor pool that gives you a fantastic view of the surrounding Alpine scenery.
- There are five outstanding restaurants and bars, a modern Health Club and exceptional spa area.
- This 5-star hotel is a cold-weather treat. This cosy spot is your perfect hotel to warm up over a steaming pot of truffled fondue.
- Zurich Airport (ZRH) – 125 kilometres away from Andermatt and can be reached by car in 90 minutes or by train in 2.5 hours. Milan Airport (Milano Malpensa Airport – MXP) – 195 kilometres away from Andermatt and reachable by car in 2 hours.
- The 123 elegant rooms and luxurious suites are home to a multicultural theme, featuring pine-wood walls, low-floor mosaic tables in Chabudai stone, recessed lighting, gas fireplaces and balconies. The best surprise: they all offer luxurious Hästens beds.
Things to do on Your Stay
- Are you being hard-core skier? Well, Ski-out your skills here. There are many passes in the alps of Andermatt and some ski centres for you to pit against.
- The SkiArena Andermatt-Sedrun is something of an Eldorado for free-riders and at the same time pampers families with sunny, gentle slopes. Happy skiing
- Are you an avid photographer? Then get some stunning shots of the spectacular Swiss Alps shy not! The high ridges and mesmerizing mountains can give you a shot of the lifetime with its pristine ambience.
- Don’t forget to get some selfie with the snow-capped alp mountain forming your exquisite background
- Do some bird watching
- Alpine passes of Susten, Oberalp, St. Gotthard and Furka are perfect places for hiking, cycling and taking bus tours.
- Visit the famous Ursern Valley Museum.
- Golf enthusiast? Find the 18-hole, par-72 championship golf course just a few minutes from The Chedi Andermatt. Just swing it out in the snow!
- Have a look at the “James Bond locations”
- For the little guests (kids), there is an attractive and exciting program at The Chedi Bear Club, where there is a large selection of toys, along with some exciting and varied entertainment programme, leaving no room for boredom.
- Travel on the famous Glacier-Express railway connecting Zermatt and St. Moritz that boards and disembarks in Andermatt and gawp at the spectacular sight of the alps.
- Seek a thrill at the seven nearby mountain passes and Schöllenen Gorge – a gorge so notorious that, according to legend, a bridge could only be built across it with the devil’s help (The Devil’s Bridge).
Meetings And Events
With the Chedi Andermatt take advantage of the special, state-of-the-art conference rooms. The best new audio-visual equipment, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet and committed IT support make sure that you cherish an extremely professional event where everything succeeds. As a conference hotel in Switzerland, Chedi Andermatt offers the perfect culinary and atmospheric setting. Beyond the conference rooms, the lounge showcases a luxurious and invigorating fireplace, punctuated by discreet yet truly warm service.
- Book the “Gotthard and Oberhalp” with fully furnished rooms with plenty of daylight, high ceilings and furnishings crafted of a variety of natural materials such as wood and stone.
- This warm atmosphere is typical of the two conference and meeting rooms.
- The meeting space is 2900 square feet and has the capacity to hold over 250 guests.
- Exclusive banquets are available!
- The Chedi Andermatt affords your guests the opportunity to see the beautiful landscapes: and an opportunity to play golf, go skiing or cycling, and get to know each other in a completely different environment. You’ll be astonished to see how rapidly and effortlessly you can come up with good and creative solutions in a conference of this unique type.
Food And Beverage
The Chedi Andermatt represents exceptional luxury and service with the dining at the hotel making a clear culinary statement.
You can choose from five different exquisite restaurants and indulge yourself in the world of perfect taste.
Located on the ground floor of the main hotel building The Restaurant with its dishes from four different, stylish open studio kitchens, will entice you with Asian and European fare. Surrounded by sumptuous aromas, watch the sight of the food being prepared directly and freshly before you. The restaurant has 14 Gault Millau points and is impressive not only for its excellent cuisine but also for its unique atmosphere. The Wine and Cheese Cellar is a particular highlight in The Restaurant: at a height of five metres, it attracts cheese connoisseurs who, through the glass walls, marvel at its delights.
The Japanese Restaurant
In The Japanese Restaurant, the sushi masters will tempt you with authentic Japanese dishes. Cherish the very best in sushi and sashimi bar cuisine. The modern Kaiseki menus of five to ten courses, a speciality of The Japanese Restaurant, guarantee an authentic experience. They correspond to a Japanese dinner of multiple courses and are on the lines of western haute cuisine, as they combine the taste, texture, shape and colours of the foods at the highest level and in perfect harmony. And a meal without a glass of sake wouldn’t be the same to explore all facets of Japan’s culinary world.
The Wine And Cigar Library
With Alpine chic and eating for over fifty people, The Wine and Cigar Library offers a variety of high-end wines. Guests can expect an evening of promotional wine tastings featuring world-famous wineries.